Date

Re: Japan Jamboree #65

Satoru Ueda

Dear All,

Please be reminded that the date for Jamboree #65 is tomorrow (May 25th Japan Time).
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65

Best regards,
S. Ueda

----- Japanese -----
各位、

次回の日本テクニカルジャンボリー(第65回)は、明日、5月25日(金)です。まだ、若干トークを
受け付ける余裕がります。e-Linux Wikiのアカウントを持っている方はご自分でアジェンダに書き込んで
いただいても構いません。または私に連絡ください。

https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65#Agenda

ちょうどOpen Source Summit Japanの直前のタイミングです。OSS Japanの事前ディスカッション
などにも好適かと思います。ふるってご参加ください。

上田

On 2018/05/18 11:10, Satoru Ueda wrote:
Dear All,
Please be reminded that the next Jamboree is scheduled on next Friday (25th).
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65
Best regards,
S. Ueda
----- Japanese -----
各位、
次回の日本テクニカルジャンボリー(第65回)は、来週、5月25日(金)です。ぜひ、トークを
登録してください。e-Linux Wikiのアカウントを持っている方はご自分でアジェンダに書き込んで
いただいても構いません。または私に連絡ください。なお、時間割は適宜後日調整させていただく
ことがあります。あらかじめご承知置きください。
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65#Agenda
次回のジャンボリーはちょうどOpen Source Summit Japanの直前のタイミングです。OSS Japanの
事前ディスカッションなどにも好適かと思います。ふるってご参加ください。
上田
On 2018/04/23 14:13, Satoru Ueda wrote:
Dear All,

Please be advised that the next Japan jamboree is scheduled on 25th May, about one month later.
Today, I have prepared the wiki page.  If you wish to talk something please fill the Agenda by
yourself or contact me.

https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65

It is just before the Open Source Summit Japan.  The next Jamboree is a good timing to make
pre-discussion to the OSS Japan session.

Best regards,
S. Ueda

----- Japanese -----
各位、

次回の日本テクニカルジャンボリー(第65回)は、来月、5月25日(金)です。さきほどWikiページを
用意しました。ぜひ、トークを登録してください。e-Linux Wikiのアカウントを持っている方は

--
| Satoru Ueda / TEL: +81-(0)50-3750-3882
| Alliance Management Sec. UX Planning Dept. UX Business Development Div.
| Sony Corporation

Upcoming Migration to Groups.io

Brendan OSullivan <bosullivan@...>

Greetings CE Linux community!

The Linux Foundation has connected with a new vendor called Groups.io, which provides mailing list services in a simple but modern interface. Groups.io offers all of the capabilities of our existing Mailman mailing service plus additional community tools that make it an exceptional service solution.

We are planning to migrate your existing mailing list archives and user lists to Groups.io on Wednesday May 23rd starting at 9:30am PST.

The migration will include details on subscriber preferences and owner or moderator privileges.

Owners and Moderators: Please be aware pending memberships or posts (and similar pending moderation actions) in Mailman will not be preserved in this migration. We recommend re-checking for any such pending decisions and taking action on them within Mailman one hour prior to the start of the migration window.

During the migration window you will still be able to access the archives, however the delivery of messages sent to the mailing lists during this window will be delayed until after the migration of the archives and list members are complete. We will turn off new list signups during the migration window, then this functionality will be restored once it is complete.

FAQs

What are the key differences between Mailman and Groups.io?

  • Groups.io has a modern interface, robust user security model, and interactive, searchable archives
  • Groups.io provides advanced features including muting threads and integrations with modern tools like GitHub, Slack, and Trello
  • Groups.io also has optional extras like a shared calendar, polling, chat, a wiki, and more
  • Groups.io uses a concept of subgroups, where members first join the project “group” (a master list), then they choose the specific “subgroup” lists they want to subscribe to

How do the costs compare?

The Linux Foundation can provide project-branded Groups.io accounts to projects for less cost than managing our in-house Mailman systems.

How is the experience different for me as a list moderator or participant?

In many ways, it is very much the same. You will still find the main group at your existing URL and sub-groups equate to the more focused mailing lists based on the community’s needs. Here is an example of main group and sub-group URL patterns, and their respective emails:

https://lists.projectname.org/g/main

https://lists.projectname.org/g/devs

https://lists.projectname.org/g/ci

main@...

devs@...

ci@...

What is different is Groups.io’s simple but highly functional UI that will make the experience of moderating or participating in the community discussions more enjoyable.

Where do I find the settings and owner/moderator tools?

To change settings while in a group or subgroup, left click “Admin” from the side menu.

Then from “Admin” you can select:

  • “Settings” to change overall settings for a group, including privacy and message policy settings.

  • “Members” to manage people within a group, including adjusting their role and privileges

  • “Pending” to view messages pending moderation

If you’d like to learn more about using Groups.io , please reference their help documentation. If you need assistance with Groups.io, please email helpdesk@...for The Linux Foundation’s helpdesk.

Cheers!
Brendan OSullivan

Helpdesk Analyst

Re: Japan Jamboree #65

Satoru Ueda

Dear All,

Please be reminded that the next Jamboree is scheduled on next Friday (25th).

https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65

Best regards,
S. Ueda

----- Japanese -----
各位、

次回の日本テクニカルジャンボリー(第65回)は、来週、5月25日(金)です。ぜひ、トークを
登録してください。e-Linux Wikiのアカウントを持っている方はご自分でアジェンダに書き込んで
いただいても構いません。または私に連絡ください。なお、時間割は適宜後日調整させていただく
ことがあります。あらかじめご承知置きください。

https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65#Agenda

次回のジャンボリーはちょうどOpen Source Summit Japanの直前のタイミングです。OSS Japanの
事前ディスカッションなどにも好適かと思います。ふるってご参加ください。

上田

On 2018/04/23 14:13, Satoru Ueda wrote:
Dear All,
Please be advised that the next Japan jamboree is scheduled on 25th May, about one month later.
Today, I have prepared the wiki page.  If you wish to talk something please fill the Agenda by
yourself or contact me.
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65
It is just before the Open Source Summit Japan.  The next Jamboree is a good timing to make
pre-discussion to the OSS Japan session.
Best regards,
S. Ueda
----- Japanese -----
各位、
次回の日本テクニカルジャンボリー(第65回)は、来月、5月25日(金)です。さきほどWikiページを
用意しました。ぜひ、トークを登録してください。e-Linux Wikiのアカウントを持っている方は
ご自分でアジェンダに書き込んでいただいても構いません。または私に連絡ください。なお、
時間割は適宜後日調整させていただくことがあります。あらかじめご承知置きください。
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_65#Agenda
次回のジャンボリーはちょうどOpen Source Summit Japanの直前のタイミングです。OSS Japanの
事前ディスカッションなどにも好適かと思います。ふるってご参加ください。
上田
--
| Satoru Ueda / TEL: +81-(0)50-3750-3882
| Alliance Management Sec. UX Planning Dept. UX Business Development Div.
| Sony Corporation

Re: Language Translation

Satoru Ueda

Fantastic!

Thank you Tim.

S. Ueda

On 2018/04/27 5:56, Bird, Timothy wrote:
I created a new page:https://elinux.org/Developer_Guidelines.
This new page is linked from the main page of elinux.org,
and has a link to the translation page.
If people know of good reference material for Linux developers that might be good to put
on the Developer Guidelines page, please add links to it there.
Regards,
-- Tim
--
| Satoru Ueda / TEL: +81-(0)50-3750-3882
| Alliance Management Sec. UX Planning Dept. UX Business Development Div.
| Sony Corporation

Re: Language Translation

Tim Bird

From: Bird, Timothy
The coordinators spam-resistant e-mail is:
kobayashi (dot) yoshitake (at) toshiba (dot) co (dot) jp

ELC 2018 Technical Showcase - Call for Demonstrations

Tim Bird

Greetings, person interested in the Embedded Linux Conference...

As in past years, the ELC staff is organizing a technical showcase
for conference participants:

See http://elinux.org/ELC_2018_Technical_Showcase

The technical showcase is an opportunity:

* For Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) projects to show their
software in action, to grow their user and developer community

* For system developers to share their experience using FOSS
components (knowledge sharing with other system developers will need
to be the primary focus)

* For hardware makers to show the capabilities of their hardware,
provided what is demonstrated is mostly based on FOSS.

* For ELC 2018 speakers to give a hands-on experience related to what
they presented, and have plenty of time to interact with people who
were interested in their presentation.

The technical showcase is set to happen on Tuesday evening (March 13),
the middle day of Embedded Linux Conference (North America) 2018.
See https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-north-america-2018/
for conference details.

If you are interested in showcasing something, please contact the
showcase coordinator - Yoshitake Kobayashi - by February 2, and prepare
a poster too (poster due by February 9). However, please send
your message sooner rather than later, as demonstration space will
be limited.

The coordinators spam-resistant e-mail is:
kobayashi (dot) yoshitake (at) toshiba (dot) co (dot) jp

Thanks - We look forward to seeing you there.

-- Tim Bird (ELC program committee chair)
-- Kobayashi Yoshitake (ELC program committee member, and showcase coordinator)

Final ELC 2018 CFP reminder - Jan 9 deadline

Tim Bird

Hello everyone,

This is a post-holidays reminder (the final one) about the deadline for
submitting proposals for ELC 2018. Due to the Christmas and New Year's
holidays, and because the original CFP close date was on a Sunday, we
have extended the original deadline by 2 days, to:

Tuesday, January 9th, at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Note that this change was just made, so you might not see the CFP page
updated with the new deadline just yet.

The conference will be held on March 12-14 in Portland, Oregon, in the U.S.

For general information about the conference, See
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-north-america-2018/

For information about the call for participation, see
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-north-america-2018/program/cfp/

I am very much looking forward to seeing your proposals, and seeing you at the event.

Thanks,
-- Tim Bird
CELP Architecture Group Chair,
Program Committee Chair for ELC

Re: Japan Jamboree Video, now available

Satoru Ueda

Please be noted that the video files are in MPEG-2 format (SD) for this time.
I hope it to be convenient for many people.

S. Ueda

On 2018/01/03 20:44, Satoru Ueda wrote:
Dear All,
Japan Jamboree videos are now available on YouTube. You will find the link from:
- Japan Jamboree #62 (September 2017)
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_62#Agenda
- Japan Jamboree #63 (December 2017)
https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jamboree_63#Agenda
Sorry to late.
Best regards,
S. Ueda
--
--
Satoru Ueda ---------------------------------

satueda@gmail.com

Dear All,

Japan Jamboree videos are now available on YouTube. You will find the link from:

- Japan Jamboree #62 (September 2017)

- Japan Jamboree #63 (December 2017)

Sorry to late.

Best regards,
S. Ueda

--
--
Satoru Ueda ---------------------------------
Sony

Embedded Linux Conference 2018 CFP reminder

Tim Bird

Hello everyone,

The Core Embedded Linux Project of the Linux Foundation would like to invite you
to make a presentation at Embedded Linux Conference. This message is a reminder
that the Call-for-Participation is currently open, but will close in a few weeks.

The conference will be held in Portland, Oregon, in the U.S. on March 12-14.

For general information about the conference, See
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-north-america-2018/

For information about the call for participation, see
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-north-america-2018/program/cfp/

Please note the guidelines on the CFP page.

PLEASE NOTE - We have a new CFP system this year, and you will likely need to create a
new account in that system, even if you have submitted proposals to ELC in the past.

ELC is the premier vendor-neutral technical conference for
embedded Linux developers. The conference is open to the public.

= Guidelines =
Presentations should be of a technical nature, covering topics
related to the use of Linux in embedded systems.

Presentations that are commercial advertisements or sales
pitches are not appropriate for this conference.

We would love to hear your proposals in the following topic
areas:
* Audio, Video, Streaming Media, and Graphics
* Security
* System size, Boot speed, and Real-Time Performance
* Flash Memory Devices and Filesystems
* Build Systems, Embedded Distributions, and Development tools
* Mobile Phones, DVRs, TVs, Cameras, etc.
* Drones and Robots
* Linux in the Internet of Things
* Practical Experiences and War Stories
* Standards
* Public Infrastructure
* Industrial Automation

Most presentation slots are 50 minutes long, including time for
questions.

Tutorials, demos, and Birds-of-a-Feather sessions may also be
proposed. Please note that Tutorials require 2 session slots, and
thus have a higher threshold for acceptance.

The deadline for submissions is midnight (PDT) January 7, 2017.

I look forward to seeing your great ideas and projects,

Thanks,
-- Tim Bird
CELP Architecture Group Chair,
Program Committee Chair for ELC

Re: L/F CELP Japan Technical Jamboree #63 / Lost and Found

Satoru Ueda <Satoru.Ueda@...>

Dear All,

The status changed to "Found".

---Japanese---

本件解決したようです。ご協力ありがとうございました。

上田

On 2017/12/04 10:23, Satoru Ueda wrote:
Dear All,

This message is for "Lost and Found" issue at last Jamboree.

---Japanese---

先週金曜のジャンボリーで会場でiPadを間違えて持ち帰った方がいらっしゃいましたら
お知らせください。

上田
--
| Satoru Ueda / TEL: +81-(0)50-3750-3882 / Cellular: +81-(0)90 3815 9169
| Alliance Management Sec. UX Planning Dept. UX Business Development Div.
| Sony Corporation /*This mail is dispatched from lap-top PC*/

121 - 140 of 1277