Date

Anyone using XFS in an embedded product?

Tim Bird

Hey embedded Linux developers,

I have a question for you. Does anyone know of a product or device that is
using "embedded Linux", that uses the XFS filesystem? Especially, does
anyone use an XFS filesystem smaller than 300 MB (that's Megabytes,
not Gigabytes).

The reason I ask is that there is a discussion going on about what limits
to use for the filesystem size with some LTP filesystem tests. If no one uses XFS
in their small embedded projects, then I think it makes sense to only testing filesystem
greater than 300MB.

See https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/YwyYUzvlxfIGpTwo@yuki/
and https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/YwyljsgYIK3AvUr+@pevik/ for some discussions
on this topic.

Please let me know if you are aware of the use of XFS filesystems where the
filesystem size is less than 300MB.

Thanks,
-- Tim Bird
- embedded Linux interested party

ELCE 2022 Technical Showcase - Call for demonstrations

Tim Bird

Greetings, embedded Linux developer!

As in past years, the ELCE staff is organizing a technical showcase
for conference participants:

The technical showcase is an opportunity:

* For Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) projects to show their
software in action, to grow their user and developer community
* For system developers to share their experience using FOSS
components (knowledge sharing with other system developers will need
to be the primary focus)
* For hardware makers to show the capabilities of their hardware,
provided what is demonstrated is mostly based on FOSS.
* For ELCE 2022 speakers to give a hands-on experience related to what
they presented, and have plenty of time to interact with people who
were interested in their presentation.

The technical showcase is set to happen on Wednesday evening (September 14,
at 5:30 pm, at the event venue).

If you are interested in showcasing something, please contact me (Tim Bird)
by August 19, and prepare a poster too. However, the sooner, the better, as
demonstration space will be limited.

Please see details at the following wiki page for submission guidelines
for requesting a showcase slot. This page also has the poster file templates
and deadlines for participating in the showcase.

See https://elinux.org/ELCE_2022_Technical_Showcase

My (spam-resistant) e-mail is: tim (dot) bird (at) sony (dot) com

Thanks - I look forward to seeing you there.
-- Tim Bird (ELCE program committee chair)

Re: Please fix the website link.

Tim Bird

Well, It took a while, but this is now fixed.

The old wikis are still offline, but the https://www.celinuxforum.org/index.html
has been updated with the correct link to the mailing list.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the bug report.
-- Tim

From: Celinux-dev@... <Celinux-dev@...> On Behalf Of Tim Bird

Hello embedded Linux developer,

This is a reminder about the deadline for submitting proposals for
Embedded Linux Conference 2021. The deadline is:

Monday, June 13th, at 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
(That should be Sunday, not Monday!!)
-- Tim

1 - 20 of 1279