Date

Re: Please fix the website link.

Rob Landley

On 4/29/22 17:58, Bird, Tim wrote:
Rob,

Sorry about that.
These things happen. :)

Given that you're posting on this list, I think you have the information, but here is
the link to the mailing list:
https://lists.celinuxforum.org/g/main
The "message history" at the bottom of that page has exactly one message, from
2018, announcing the migration. (That's also the only message in the rss feed
link.) I thought that was the one we'd moved _off_ of...

Ah, I see. My bad, I didn't go to the "subgroups" sidebar in the nav menu:

https://lists.celinuxforum.org/g/main/subgroups

The lists were moved over to "Group.io" some years back, and that page should
have been updated with a reference to the new mailing list page.

Unfortunately, the whole celinuxforum.org site is out-of-date. The site was
mothballed after we transitioned to being a project under the Linux Foundation in
2011.
Yeah, that kind of link rot happened to every project that vanished into the maw
of the Linux Foundation. I lamented the demise of lanana.org (and their links
going 404) in a blog entry last year:

https://landley.net/notes-2021.html#05-10-2021

I have personal copies of ELF ABI specs (like sh4) that aren't on
https://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/ but is there any point trying to get their
attention? And we all famously know what happened to the Linux Standard Base.
Debian dropping it was a trailing indicator, not leading...

Meanwhile, https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/ did NOT get eaten by the linux foundation and
is thus still there, man7.org is still Michael Kerrisk's baby (although he
hasn't commited to the git repo in a year, I thought he might have quietly
vanished like the Mepis maintainer did but his twitter account's still active)...

Many of the materials from the CELF Public Wiki were put onto the elinux wiki
(such as conference presentations and video links).
Did not get eaten by the linux foundation, thus is still there. (Although Bill
Traynor deleted his contact info from the about page, hasn't posted to twitter
in a year, and the blog on billtraynor.com isn't loading for me. But the wiki is
still up, so...)

However, some material that
was on tree.celinuxforum.org ended up just being left on the celinuxforum.org web
site (in particular the video archive for early Japan Jamborees and some
ELC video links.).
Huh, I thought those were links offsite to bootlin.org (since even my first
visit there had videos on bootlin, https://bootlin.com/blog/elc-2006-videos/ )
but you're right, the download links under "get flash player" are local on that
website. (Would/should bootlin want to mirror them, perhaps?)

Oh, speaking of ELC videos, did I ever mention that a kind j-core contributor
sent us our 2015 one and we re-uploaded it at https://youtu.be/GHORpXNRJiE

I used to have access to this site, but I can't seem to access it today. I'll ask the
Linux Foundation to help me get access next week, and try to put a disclaimer on
the site (stating that the information is obsolete). And I'll try to change links
when data has been moved elsewhere and is still available (usually to the elinux
wiki).

Unfortunately, the 'tree.celinuxforum.org' web site (which held some of the original
wiki material) is currently giving a certificate error. I don't think it was ever
upgraded to https from http, and I'm not even sure where it's hosted now, so
I'll have to dig into that.
The certificate error is less of a problem than the "503 service unavailable"
when you click through it.

Thanks for the report. I'll see what I can get fixed on the site next week.
This list _is_ still used. Mostly as the jamboree announcement list, but that's
valuable.

Unfortunately people keep handing over resources to the linux foundation and
their idea of "embedded" is yocto (where core-image-minimal builds host versions
of gnome libraries). A lot of places like
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-embedded have tumbleweeds and
crickets chirping. I know plenty of people still doing embedded development but
they refuse to interact directly with the linux or gnu communities.

Speaking of yocto, the existence of
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kvm-forum/ means it's unsurprising that
qemu's "./configure; make; make install" inserts 3.7 gigabytes of files into
/usr/local/bin. (The devuan operating system ISO is 1.2 gigabytes. The whole
pool1.iso of EVERYTHING is only 5.) Meanwhile Fabrice is off doing
https://bellard.org/tinyemu/ which is a 250k source tarball; plenty of good work
is BEING done. It's just not coupled to anything The Linux Foundation has ever
touched, because hobbyists scatter when they move in.

*shrug* No idea what to do about that.

-- Tim
Rob

Re: Please fix the website link.

Tim Bird

Rob,

Sorry about that.

Given that you're posting on this list, I think you have the information, but here is
the link to the mailing list:
https://lists.celinuxforum.org/g/main

The lists were moved over to "Group.io" some years back, and that page should
have been updated with a reference to the new mailing list page.

Unfortunately, the whole celinuxforum.org site is out-of-date. The site was
mothballed after we transitioned to being a project under the Linux Foundation in
2011. Many of the materials from the CELF Public Wiki were put onto the elinux wiki
(such as conference presentations and video links). However, some material that

From: Celinux-dev@lists.celinuxforum.org <Celinux-dev@lists.celinuxforum.org> On Behalf Of Tim Bird

Hello embedded Linux developer,

This is a reminder about the deadline for submitting proposals for
Embedded Linux Conference 2021. The deadline is:

Monday, June 13th, at 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
(That should be Sunday, not Monday!!)
-- Tim

CFP for ELC 2021 - deadline is June 13 (Monday)

Tim Bird

Hello embedded Linux developer,

This is a reminder about the deadline for submitting proposals for
Embedded Linux Conference 2021. The deadline is:

Monday, June 13th, at 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time.

Please get your proposal in for the event. It will be a lot of fun!

The conference will be held on September 27-30 in Seattle, Washington, USA.
You can attend in-person or virtually (and speakers can present in-person or
virtually).

For general information about the conference, See
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/embedded-linux-conference-north-america/

For information about the call for proposals, see
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/embedded-linux-conference-north-america/program/cfp/

Please note that we have available some tips for proposal authors.
See https://elinux.org/Tips_for_ELC_presentation_proposals for details.
Following these tips will help your chances of having your proposal accepted.

I look forward to seeing your proposals, and seeing you at the event (or online)!

Thanks,
-- Tim Bird - ELC Program Committee Chair

Re: (Reminder) : Japan Jamboree #77

No.Tanaka@...

Nekomatu-san,
Thank you for your additional information, I try to add revised material by checking it.
If you can join the meeting, it is helpful to make a comment.

ありがとうございます。
いただいた情報を見て、当日までに修正版を追加しようかなと思います。
確認して分かった情報とか当日にコメントしてもらえると助かります。

Best regards,
Nobuyuki Tanaka

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArchiveAdministratio

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://git.launchpad.net/launchpad-buildd__;
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://launchpad.net/builders__;!!JmoZiZGBv

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://elinux.org/File:Debian-Ubuntu-Release

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianImportFreeze_

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/impish-indri-r

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gihyo.jp/admin/clip/01/ubuntu-topics/

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jambore

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/3x2k4X4__;!!JmoZiZGBv3RvKRS

> x!qa73_2OSbmX465cVkvL0JBJz7U-KLVv72U4eAWUCJx8_-U819YeSYz8GYbO
> > > v5Q$

> ご案内
> > > (リマ
> 受付
> > > もして
> ぞ。
> > > なお、
> Microsoft
> > > > > >

> (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/3x2k4X4__;!!JmoZiZGBv3RvKR
> > > >

> Sx!qa73_2OSbmX465cVkvL0JBJz7U-KLVv72U4eAWUCJx8_-U819YeSYz8GYb
> > > Ov5Q$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://elinux.org/Japan_Technical_Jambore

> e_77__;!!JmoZiZGBv3RvKRSx!qa73_2OSbmX465cVkvL0JBJz7U-KLVv72U4eA
> > > WUCJx8_

> +81-(0)90-3815-8169

Re: (Reminder) : Japan Jamboree #77

No.Tanaka@...