From: celinux-dev-bounces@...
[mailto:celinux-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mikhail
Gusarov
Sent: December-01-09 3:10 PM
To: Tim Bird
Cc: Ruud Derwig; celinux-dev@...
Subject: Re: [Celinux-dev] [proposal] Decrease X.org XFree86 server
footprint

Twas brillig at 11:38:49 01.12.2009 UTC-08 when tim.bird@... did
gyre and gimble:

TB> Can anyone comment on the current state of affairs for the graphics
TB> layer used on embedded devices?

TB> Is X widely used, or are other graphics systems (like DirectFB, for
TB> example) used?

OpenMoko and Nokia N770/800/810/900 tablets use various X servers (Xglamo,
Kdrive and now XFree86).

Various e-Book readers I looked at use Kdrive, Nano-X (which is X-like, but
not quite X) and plain framebuffer (not DirectFB).

--
http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/

Join Celinux-dev@lists.celinuxforum.org to automatically receive all group messages.