Re: [Feedback] Categorizing Videos and presentations of ELC, ELCE, and Japan Technical Jamboree
Please find below my feedback on the proposed category listtoggle quoted message Show quoted text
-----Original Message-----Overall - Is each item below intended to be a standalone page, or
is the intent that sub-topics will be sections within a top-level page?
Some of the sub-topics (e.g. RealTime) really are big enough to have
their own top-level page (or even several pages).
Maybe this will depend on the number of talks that end up on a page?
Here is the proposed category list:I'm not sure what "Status Check" is - can you give an example talk in this category,
or describe it more?
** UpstreamingMaybe add "Legal" here?
** LTSILTSI might go better under "distributions"?, but I'm not sure.
* [[Buildsystems]]There are lots more: OpenWRT, Embedded Debian, Debos, etc.
How would you categorize ELBE, which builds binary distributions from Debian?
Would it go on this page?
* SchedulerI'm not sure I see scheduler as a top-level page. I'm not sure how many
scheduler talks we've had. Power-management scheduling was a big
topic for a while (e.g. big.LITTLE), but maybe going back farther there
were lots of talks when the O(1) scheduler was introduced.
** Real TimeRealTime is big enough to deserve it's own top-level page.
Likely, Scheduler is not big enough to deserve it's own top-level page.
In fact, RealTime might deserve two pages: one for PREEMPT_RT
and the other for dual-kernel approaches (e.g. Xenomai)
** Interrupt latencyAlso BareBox
* Boot TimeI'm not sure what the "Source code" category is here.
* File SystemsDoes "IO scheduling" go here?
* Flash StorageSecurity divides into multiple categories. There are mandatory access control
systems, like SELinux, AppArmor, Smack, Tomoyo. And then there are different
aspects of security like:
** Secure Boot
** Trusted stores (TPM)
* UpgradesOK - maybe this should be a standalone page, but it's kind of in the
non-technical category of pages.
* MultimediaWe need Intel or x86 as well (and maybe mips)
* Compilers** LLVM/Clang
** Linkers, LoadersDon't we already have Scheduling above?
* Memory ManagementI would put Fuego underneath a sub-category of
** Test Frameworks
*** Fuego, KernelCI, Kselftest,
I would add:
** Board farms and infrastructure
* EmbeddedNot sure what "MPPWG" is.
** Digital STBAdd ftrace here.
* DistributionsI thought Tomoyo was a security system, not a distro, but I could be wrong.
** AndroidI'm not sure
* MiscellaneousLegal could also go here?
* ApplicationsThis category seems to be "Development Tools", not applications.
** SDKI think I'd stick these under "networking", but some are higher-level protocols.
** UPnPI don't think that "Open Source Projects" is a good category for these sub-topics:
** ZephyrWe should probably have a "non-Linux RTOS" page. I think there have been several
different talks over the years for non-Linux OSes (NuttX, Zephyr, Free RTOS, etc.)
** BeagleBone BoardWe should have a "Hardware" category for these board-specific talks.
These should be under networking
** Stream Processing for IoTI think I'd put "Home Automation" as it's own topic (not under IoT)
maybe also add "Embedded Industrial Systems" as a topic?
** X-Ref selected topics/presentations with Networking Category (See above)I'd put Robotics and Drones under verticals.